|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Let me just start by saying I love Oprah Winfrey. But if she doesn’t stop encouraging people to eat BREAD, I’m gonna need to bring it up the next time we have lunch. I get it, everyone loves bread. But when you’re trying to slim your waste and reduce inflammation it’s one of the first things that need to go. And trust me I know it’s not easy.
The problem is not so much bread itself but the ingredients. Yeast, baking powder, sugar, processed wheat and canola oil are a few of the unnecessary ingredients found in store bought breads. The good news is that after today you will no longer need to buy bread loaded with detrimental additives. This recipe is short and simple. It only has 5 main ingredients and a few seasonings. All ingredients can be found on Dr Sebi’s Nutritional Guide.
Spelt Basil Thyme Bread
- 1 cup Spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Teff flour
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- Perrier Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Add both flours to a mixing bowl with salt, onion powder and avocado oil and whisk together
- Begin to add Perrier water repeatedly and whisk until it reaches a thick barely pourable pancake batter consistency.The approximate measurement of Perrier water is about 2 cups
- Pour batter into a bread mold or generously greased bread pan
- Sprinkle basil and thyme over the top of the batter
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hr or until cake tester or knife comes out clean
- Allow to cool and cut into slices for sandwiches, mini pizzas, french toast or croutons
Add 1/4 cup of pureed dates, apple sauce or agave to the batter to make it more of a sweet bread or cake. Experiment with frostings, drizzles, dried fruit or vegetable pieces. Make it zucchini or banana bread. The world is your oyster mushroom.
Share with someone you care about and join us in our Facebook group below.